Throughout the years since 2012, I have had my works and my story shared in national and International Media. I thought it will be good to reflect them in one blog and keep anyone updated who wants to know more about me.
First of all you can find All my social media link here. Please feel free to add me in your social media- https://linktr.ee/abirking2017
I have divided this blog into 4 parts.
- My Awards And Nominations
- What I am doing now
- What I have done in the past
- My newspaper and social media posts and publications ( Local, National & International media) Let’s take a journey in Md’s Journey
My Awards And Nominations
- National Societies and Volunteer Award, 2021 – “Extra Mile Award Winner”. Watch
- Prestigious “Covid Act of Kindness Community Award” Winner 2021. Watch, Read Presented by Seven of Northeast UK’s Combined Local Government Authorities.
- Undergraduate Programmed rep of the Year 2022 by Northumbria University. Watch
- Contribution Roll (Annual Law School Honor Roll) 2021 and 2022- Watch 2021 & Watch 2022 – “The Contribution Roll is an annual Honour Roll to recognise outstanding student contributions to the life of the Law School.” I have got this honour twice now.
- Northeast Charity Award 2020 Nomination and highly recommended – “Charity Champion of the Year for The Northeast of UK, 2020”. Read
- Simon Mulligan Anti-racism Award 2021- by North East Against Racism. Watch
- Nomination and special mention for first-ever “Amnesty International Bravery Award UK, 2020”. Read
- Best Neighborhood on Campus – Combined Award by Newcastle University and Northumbria University, 2020. Read
- Northumbria University – Education Inclusion Award 2020 (Student Rep). Watch
- Certificate Of Stewarding Support Volunteer in NHS Vaccine (Covid-19). Read
- Safeguarding children and adults training from Newcastle City Council, UK, 2018.
- Census Champion, 2021 by Office of National Statistics for helping in the census UK 2021.
What I am doing now
- Northumbria Law School, Newcastle, UK – M Law Exempting BAR (September 2020 – Ongoing)
Modules: criminal law; contract law; English legal system; legal skills; key skills for employability. First Year Result: Upper Second Class (60-69% marks overall), Second Year Result: Upper Second Class (60-69% marks overall).
2. Trustee – Application on Process ( City Heart UK) A leading organisation who helps the victims of slavery and traffcking in the UK to rebuild their life.
- First Asylum Seeker Trustee in the Northeast.
- Charing the Advisory panel with lived experienced. Organising meetings and making necessary decision for the benefit of the charity.
- Working on the planning committee.
3. Advisor with Support Through Court, Newcastle Civil and Family Courts Tribunals Centre (2022 – Present)
- Provide practical, procedural, and emotional support in many areas of Civil and Family court processes.
- Explain clients how the court works, help fill in various legal forms, organise papers, and discuss settling issues without going to court.
- Help plan what clients want to say in court, and if needed, go with the clients to court to provide support and help afterwards.
- Provide details of other specialist advice agencies, where possible, and help clients to find out whether they can get free legal advice and signposting them into different agencies upon their needs.
4. Advisor with Citizens’ Advice Bureau, Newcastle (2018 – Present)
- Supporting clients with applications including universal credit, PIP, child benefits, citizenship applications.
- Assisting clients with personal and financial issues as per Citizens Advice guidance and information systems.
- Supporting clients with legal issues as per statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Effective client communication via email and live chat.
5. Lecturer on Refugee and Immigration Issue (Voluntary) (2020 – Present)
- Giving public lectures about refugee issues internationally as a Refugee Week Leader for the UK in 2020. Lectured at different universities nationally and internationally. These include Northumbria University, UK, Newcastle University, UK and The University of Utrecht, Netherlands.
6. Founder of Md’s Little Help Food Bank and Dinner Club, Newcastle (2020 – Present)
- Running a dinner club to create a bridge between the community and local asylum seekers and refugees.
- Delivering food parcels on my bike (700 food parcels delivered during Covid-19).
- Helping vulnerable community members with food parcels during Covid-19.
7. Founder and President of “University of Sanctuary Society”, Northumbria University, Newcastle (2019 – Present)
- Welcoming everyone in the university, given our focus on being the university of sanctuary.
- Campaigning for the rights of asylum seeker and refugee students in the university.
- Engage in conversation groups and weekly meetings with the local refugees and asylum seekers.
8. NHS COVID-19 vaccination volunteer, Newcastle (2021- Present)
- Helping the national COVID-19 vaccination movement. Assist in vaccinations and manage the vaccinated people list.
- Liaise with the local community to encourage everyone to have the vaccine.
9. Advisor in Advisory Panel – Refugee Week, UK (2021- Present)
- Advising in the different issues in National Refugee Week celebrations in the UK.
- Raising the issues and suggestion on the refugee activism and empowerment in the UK.
9. Community Liaison Officer – Tyne and Wear Fire & Rescue Services, Newcastle (2018- Present)
- Taking part in citizenship ceremonies with the Lord Mayor and Lord Lieutenant of Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland, North Tyneside.
- Promoting fire health and safety in the community.
- Taking part in house safety procedures.