It’s all about my travel, daily life, and asylum seekers’ life in the UK, and community awareness. thanks for visiting my blog. Any kind of suggestions or help will be highly accepted. English is my second language so I would like to tell everyone who is reading my blog please forgive me for my grammar or bad English. I do travel a lot throughout nature and try to find the link. As an Asylum seeker in the UK, I find it very interesting to face the system and nature at the same time. I am currently Studying LLB law at Northumbria University on a Sanctuary Scholarship. I try to share my sorrows and bad memories through my horrible past with nature. I thought it will be great if people know about it and I can share it. I am a community Advocate. Life is very short, and I believe and it’s my mom’s request to be there for people and help them always. I am trying to do this. UK is my first home now. Although i am from Bangladesh I left my country when I was 18. During my stay in the UK, I have worked as a volunteer in numerous organizations. I am a Refugee Week Leader, UK 2020. Refugee Week UK advisory Panel Member, Centre Think Tank North East Chair, President University of Sanctuary Society Northumbria University, REP for the Northumbria Law school- 1st year-2020, Diversity Officer for Newcastle Lib Dem, British Red Cross, Newham borough Council, London Olympics and Para-Olympics Game 2012, The Great Exhibition of North 2018, Action Foundation, Citizens Advice,
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service, D6- Culture in Transit, Curious Moneky, MAJF, Penny Appeal.
I am a passionate and enthusiastic undergraduate law student studying at Northumbria Law School, eager to gain legal experience. I was a victim of modern-day slavery and trafficked into the UK. I am able to pursue my undergraduate studies because I brought a successful judicial review, challenging the Home Office’s ban on access to higher education for asylum seekers; this led to a change in national policy on the issue. These experiences have grounded my commitment to a career in law.
All my social media Link- https://linktr.ee/abirking2017
- Northumbria Law School, Newcastle, UK – M LAW Exempt BAR course (September 2020 – 2024)
- Northumbria University, Newcastle, UK – Foundation Year (2019)
- University of Bristol, Bristol, UK – Course Related to Immigration Law: Migration, Mobilities and Citizenship (2021)
Places I am involved with –
- Legal Advisor with Citizens’ Advice Bureau, Newcastle (2018 – Present)
- Lecturer on Refugee and Immigration Issue (Voluntary) (2020 – Present)
- Founder of Md’s Little Help Food Bank and Dinner Club, Newcastle (2020 – Present)
- Founder and President of “University of Sanctuary Society”, Northumbria University, Newcastle (2019 – Present)
- NHS COVID-19 vaccination volunteer, Newcastle (2021- Present)
- Trustee – City Hearts UK( Causeway UK) (2022 – Present)
- Trustee – West End Refugee Services, Newcastle (2019 – 2022)
- Community Liaison Officer – Tyne and Wear Fire & Rescue Services, Newcastle (2018- Present)
- Game Maker – London Olympics and Para-Olympic Games (2012)
Student Representative (Rep) Foundation Year 2019, 2020, 2021.
Student Representative (Rep) for the Honourable Society of Inner Temple. 2022.
National Student Union Conference Delegate (2021)
Refugee Week Leader UK (2020)
Census Ambassador for Newcastle (2021) “ Census Champion”
Achievements and Awards:-
- Covid Act of Kindness Community Award given by 7 Local Authorities 2021.
- Undergraduate Student Rep of the Year 2022, Northumbria University.
- Contribution Honour Roll, Northumbria Law School 2022.
- National Societies and Volunteer Award, 2021 – “Extra Mile Award Winner”.
- Contribution Roll (Annual Law School Honor Roll) 2021– “The Contribution Roll is an annual honour roll to recognise outstanding student contributions to the life of the Law School.”
- The Simon Mulligan Award 2021- Outstanding Anti-Racist Activism in the North East of UK.
- Northeast Charity Award 2020 Nomination and highly recommended – “Charity Champion of the Year for The Northeast of UK, 2020”.
- Nomination and special mention for first-ever “Amnesty International Bravery Award UK, 2020”.
- Best Neighborhood on Campus Newcastle University and Northumbria University, 2020.
- Northumbria University – Education Inclusion Award 2020 (Student Rep).
- Certificate Of Stewarding Support Volunteer In NHS Vaccine (Covid-19)
I always remember my mother’s last order to me before she left me- “ Be there for people, Be there for your Community, Something Good will happen in Return” ( Mahmuda Hamid). Please keep me in your blessings and remember me. Feel free to get in touch with me if needed, please.